Friday, October 11, 2013

Dr Danish Oncologist appointment debacle. He wanted to start chemo on Tuesday the next week and sent me to Genesys for a pic line. 

He said I had degenerated so fast he didn't think I would survive a port surgery. During the meeting my wife asked what to do if I got worse. DR Danish said to just deal with it. 


The same group of family was there, Jack, Tina, Jennifer, Art, Irene and I. Please forgive me if I forgot someone. Jack and Tina took Irene and I to Genesys to try and get a pick installed. 


We stopped in the Genesys parking lot and had a heart felt conversation about how we need get to UofM, NOW. I said Ok and we diverted to UofM. 


It was the best decision for what was going on and the lack of treatment. They asked me if I wanted to call the Doctors and tell them where we are going. You can guess my response to that question.


Dr Danish kept trying to call Irene's cell phone and she wouldn't answer, he finally got with my son Art and he told him I was in the UofM Hospital.


Dr Danish said he wanted to send me but didn't think I'd make it. What the F***!, ever hear of an air flight ambulance? I mean, if it's that serious!

Make your own assumptions here.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The amount of excuses and diversions of responsibility for not taking your condition seriously, or with the degree of seriousness that we all knew in our hearts was necessary was appalling.

Dr. Danish had many excuses: UofM would not do anything different; just bear with the fact that you were unable to walk; no port, a picc line instead because your health was so degraded; too much flu in the hospital to send you there; couldn't admit you because a Dr had refused to admit you the day before, and on ad nauseam. I think we all know what CYA looks like.