Tuesday, October 15, 2013

October 15th discharge day!

A good share of the day was spent at the Neuro lab.

They did some tests to see how much damage was done to the nerve receptors in the proximal muscles.

I had fun and it was interesting, needles and current in the nerves. I'm weird like that. Someone had told them I had suspected LEMS and they asked how I figured that out. I told them to go to google and search on extreme fatigue and limb weakness. The results popped up a wikipedia article on LEMS with the first 3 results or so. They mumbled something about I should have been in research.

I told them that if I had their education, I probably wouldn't have worded it the same and not found it as easily. More laughter, one on the technicians finally wheeled me back to my room, transportation was requested a hour earlier and they hadn't sent them yet.

I got dressed to go home and had to go to the bathroom. Oops, passed a good sized kidney stone. The nurse took it to be analyzed. She couldn't believe it didn't hurt. When it rains, it pours on me. 

No comments: