Friday, November 13, 2015

Taking infusion at home now, 3 times a day for the next 5 days. There are some nurses in big trouble at Bayfront. Dr Contreras was livid because he had it set up for release this morning. They were supposed to deliver the walker this morning, they screwed that up also, maybe tomorrow morning. They were on the spot with the infusion antibiotics though. While in the hospital, I was getting 3 - 4 hour infusions per day for a massive UTI, actually 2 different UTIs.  This was my second bout and worse than the first. I don't remember much of the 5 day ICU stay, 7 day stay altogether. I am very weak and a wheeled handicap walker is supposed to be on it's way to the house. I'm tired of these UTI's, every 2 years or so they try to kill me, this time was close. WBC was down to 1.1, should be around 7. I have a powered Pic line and they plan a port as soon as they think the infections are taken care of. Meanwhile the pic can be used for blood draw, scans and whatever. Old and sick is not a good combination.  

No comments: