Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Another round we fought and won

I'm doing this for Mark and so that I don't forget.

On Thursday, Nov 6th Mark stated that he didn't feel good.  We gave him a non aspirin and later he couldn't get out of the chair.  At 1 am he fell out of bed and an ambulance was called.  He was admitted to ICU with a fever of 101 and an UTI on Friday morning at 3 am.  He was put on antibiotics and cat was put in.  Mark was ver disoriented and not reponsive.  By Saturday his temp had gone up to 103.8 and he was wrapped in ice and a cooling blanket added to his bed.  His temp went down to 101 and then up to 102.9.  At one point, he was slurring his words and his mouth started to droop.  The nurse got to him immediately and he was able respond but very slowly.  His brain was not letting him tell it what to do.  On Sunday, our minister, Father Ken, came and saw him and did a prayer for him. I got sent home by the nurse.   An oncologist called after I got home and said he would be fine.  When I walked in Monday morning, Mark was alert and talking.  It was like a light switched had been turned on.  His temp is now down to 96.7 to 98 and is staying there.  Yesterday, was the first time he was able to get out of bed and sit in a chair.  I told the nurse he would be able to walk but they won't let him yet.  I guess it's a Johnson thing according to Roxanne.  They are keeping him in ICU to make sure his white blood counts stay stable, which they have come back from 1.1 to 7.

The scans that were done show,  no cancer in the brain.  They are planning on putting in a power port Friday morning and then he will be able to come home.  He was up and got to walk to the nurses station today.  When he comes home, he will still have to have antibiotics 3 times a day.  Guess I'm going to learn how to do it.  They say it's easy.  Sure will be nice having him home again.

Next round of chemo is on the 23rd.

No comments: