Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Long day. radiation and a Dr Dilling appointment this AM. They took pictures yesterday and they liked them. They don't like PT scans that much at Moffitt as a followup due to false positives. That's how I had throat biopsies, that were a false positive on a PT scan. They use CT scans and if something looks funny, then a PT scan. This limits false positives, saves money (insurance mandate) and limits radiation exposure. If you are not feeling, right, they will do them. Since November 2013, they have seen no PT activity. I had 1 in November 2013 and 1 in January 2014.

Everything is stable and I am feeling better by the day. If I miss a Mestinon dose, I hit a wall. They told me to not be afraid to take an extra dose if I need to. I am hoping the LEMS will completely recess but it isn't looking like it. It may be something to deal with the rest of my life.

After doing some research, I have found Myasthenia Gravis, LEMS and get this, Muscular Dystrophy very closely related. The MDA site is full of info about how these may be related. The medical field has long suspected this in research but have not yet to give a conclusive theory as to why or even if it's true.

I got kind of chewed out by the nurse, Oxy, I have two types, one long lasting and one for a boost, are to be taken on schedule. Now because of osteo-arthritis and bone spurs in my hip, they want me to take Naproxin (Aleve).

Dr Dilling was showing me a reduction schedule for the steroids I'm on for side effects of the PCI. I was looking at questions on my iPad and he said look here at this sheet and put that down for a minute. He was laughing his butt off at me.

Holy crap, the 60s all over again, fun, fun.

No comments: