Monday, December 2, 2013

Appointment with the Neurology Department at UofM, Dr Jason Wong.
Of the 2 types of Eaton-Lambert (or Lambert-Eaton), I have the one that is usually brought on by a small cell lung cancer tumor. Treat the cancer and it tends to clear up fairly quickly. There are some other treatments that may help and they are being saved as future treatments, if needed. If the current treatment of Mestinon and Chemo do not work well.
They can include some plasma work, more IVIP and an experimental chemical called 3,4 DAP. These are used almost extensively for long term treatments. I was given 5 treatments of IVIP while in the Hospital at UofM.

The lead Doctor is thinking I won't need long term treatments and has agreed to wait a while longer.
They are thinking I should be back to doing most of what I want to do in 2 months or so.

Testing went very well, strength is coming back, reflexes have picked up. The reflexes they were very happy about.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happily - the LEMS worked to alert you to the problem. Even more happily, you were smart enough to start your own research and bring it to the Drs attention, even though some poo-pooed it.

Thankfully they haven't utilized all the treatments available, so if the condition persists there are options.

You are in good hands it appears, yet again. So thankful Mark.