Wednesday, November 27, 2013

November 27, 29 30  I will append this post for all 3 days.

November 30

Another quick day, not very crowded at the UofM Cancer Center. 
I asked the nurse if this treatment is considered an aggressive form of chemo. She said 'Yes!' I thought good, you either cure me or kill me, it's that simple. So far, it seems to be working. I'm a little weaker after today's treatment. Probably from getting up repeatedly last night to go to the bathroom. Chemo tends to try and clear out in 48 hours after it is administered. I guess you know what I'm doing until Monday Night!
(allot of pee'in)

We went back to the Broadway Cafe today afterwards. Irene had her soup and mine. I am definitely going to get a good recipe for Korean Chicken Soup, simple, but really good. I changed it up with sweet and sour chicken. It was more than I could eat and now have my dinner planned. Seems like everything comes with KimChi, like it or not!

November 29

Uneventful chemo session this afternoon. It went very well. I walked in and walked out of the session and it actually felt better than riding in a wheel chair, very invigorating! 
Afterwards, we went to the Broadway Cafe, Irene had chicken soup and I had the full BiBimBap dinner. Very good Korean food and yes, I had me some Kimchi! 
A primer on LEMS - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lambert%E2%80%93Eaton_myasthenic_syndrome

November 27

Chemo round 3 has started, 2 infusions today, 1 Friday and 1 Saturday.

The visit with Dr Gregory Kalemkerian and fellowship Dr Elizabeth Davis went well today. He said all numbers were in range and they seemed happy about it.  Of course, this is encouraging, but we really won't know much until the next scans, probably in January. This first scan after one round of chemo showed no cancer activity. 

I forgot to ask the Doctors about elevated heart rates after chemo. This morning it was 85, tonight 115 but has dropped to 108 - 112 after taking some Ativan. Vicodin works really well to lower it but I will wait until just before going to bed. I have sent a message to Dr Kalemkerian's office with this question.

The plan is for 5 to 6 weeks down time between the 4th chemo and the start of radiation. Some scans will be done in this down time period. 
Florida here we come, hopefully before Christmas. He kept saying that they will work the schedule out to our liking. We kept saying we will like anything they want to do and on their schedule. Our priority is to treat the cancer the most efficient way possible. He smiled about that, allot. 

The ride down to the Hospital in Ann Arbor is 111 miles from our drive to the parking ramp, 1 hour and 59 minutes. 

Afterwards, we wanted to get some BiBimBap, a Korean dish popular in Ann Arbor, but we tried to beat the rush hour traffic out of town instead. I guess 3 PM is too late a start. We got caught up in it but not to a dead stop. The traffic going into Ann Arbor was backed up from 14 along 23, then 96 all the way to Lansing. It looked really stressful.

No comments: